Y4 Remote Education Wider Curriculum, Reading, PSHE and PE 12.07.21
Date: 8th Jul 2021 @ 5:34pm
Wider Curriculum – D & T
LO: To develop a design for a particular group.
Create your design for your bug hotel – see WAGOLL.
Try and include:
- dead wood and loose bark for creepy crawlies like beetles, centipedes, spiders and woodlice
- holes and small tubes (not plastic) for solitary bees made out of bamboo, reeds and drilled logs
- larger holes with stones and tiles, which provide the cool, damp conditions frogs and toads like – if you put it in the centre you’ll give them a frost-free place to spend the winter (they’ll help eat slugs)
- dry leaves, sticks or straw for ladybirds (they eat aphids) and other beetles and bugs
- corrugated cardboard for lacewings (their larvae eat aphids, too)
- dry leaves which mimic a natural forest floor
Make a list of everything you need and try and collect it all.
Once you have got it all, start making your bug hotel.
See WAGOLL for some help.
Reading – there are 5 short tasks this week, which you can choose between or do them all, or do some in the summer holidays if you wish.
Tasks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
PSHE - What are your favourite memories from this year?
- Favourite moment
- Favourite book
- Best thing you learnt
- A memory you would like to keep
- Favourite activity
Fill in the task sheet and then colour and/or decorate it.
Task 1 – Air balloon
Task 2 – Around the world
Task 3 – Bean bag throw
Task 4 – Bunny jumps